2nd Floor, Verona House
Plot 53 Kampala Rd Mukono
P.O Box 71314 Kampala,
Uganda - East Africa
Tel: +256 481 660 305 Fax: +256 414 290 341
OUR SERVER TECHNOLOGY
* Powered by a mesh of 1Gbps Ethernet connections and connectd to multiple Tier 1 IP backbone providers. We use only the best routing and switching equipment from Cisco, Extreme Networks and Riverstone for maximum throughput.
* Multiple bandwidth providers (Globalcrossing, Sprint, and Level3 (through WBS), Abovenet, XO, Cogent, Highwinds and public and private peering.
* All transit connections are routed over single 1 Gbps Ethernet links which gives multi-giga bit data capacity.
* Fully redundant network with no single point of failure.
* Multiple layers of network security
* State of the art Data Center with backup power generators and HVAC units.
We've taken great strides to provide reliable access to you. Our national backbone is ranked among the top in the nation. Connections ranging from OC48s (2.4 Gbps) to gigabit ethernet (1,000 Mbps) form rings around the nation connecting Our core routers at several major exchange points including:
PAIX Palo Alto, CA
Equinix Ashburn, VA
Equinix Chicago, IL
Equinix Dallas, TX
Equinix Los Angeles, CA
Equinix San Jose, CA
NYIIX Telehouse New York, NY
LINX Telehouse London
AMSIX NIKHEF Amsterdam
Our self-healing network architecture virtually eliminates a single point of failure. In addition to our own backbone, we also purchase backup transit from multiple providers in multiple locations to ensure that your data will arrive via the shortest possible routes. Because of our backup transit and the many international peers, our network maintains the shortest routes for sending your data all over the world. On an ongoing basis, we are negotiating with the top fiber carriers for new routes, additional backup transit providers, and we are signing on new peering relationships.
Our switched network utilizes the Border Gateway Protocol Version 4 (BGP4) over Cisco 12000 series GSR routers. We always update the router's IOS after we have stress tested the latest IOS on a non-critical router, to make sure it is very stable. The switch that your equipment will ultimately be connected to is connected back to a core router via fiber. This means when one part of the Internet slows down your site will not be caught in the bottleneck. All of our servers are fast Dual Xeon based technology with 4GB of RAM. We keep our servers at less than 50% capacity so even when traffic peaks, our servers won't overload